Special events are made more memorable when celebrated at the Magic Chef Mansion.
The first floor of The Mansion is available for cocktails and hors d'oevres but seated dining for groups greater than 30 can only
be accommodated outdoors or in the adjacent Carriage House. When you rent the Mansion for an event, the grounds, gazebos and terrace are also open
for your enjoyment.
What are the Rates?
- Rental Rates – The rate to rent the Mansion starts at $2,000 for up to six hours or less on the weekends,
from March through November. Weekdays in season (Monday-Thursday) and anytime December through February, the minimum fee is $1,200
for up to four hours. Alternatively, the Carriage House can be rented by itself for $1,500 or in addition to the main house for an
- Deposit – There is a refundable $750 deposit.
- Insurance – An event insurance policy is required. Such a policy typically costs about $265.
- Set up – Set up can be however long you want, but needs to be figured into the total number of hours
rented. For example, the six hour minimum rental fee includes set up and clean up time, not just the event time. If your event,
clean up and set up only takes four hours, the fee is still $2,000. If you're using a tent, there is a tent set-up fee of $75/hour
at set up and take down.
What is the Capacity?
The Magic Chef Mansion comfortably entertains up to 75 people for indoor events.
- The Mansion's formal dining room can seat 10. Three additional dining areas expand the total to 30 – the Breakfast Dining Room seats 6,
the Conservatory seats 8 and the Library seats 6.
- The Carriage House seats up to 50 for dinner. You must provide your own tables and chairs for
outdoor or Carriage House seating. Your caterer will help you with this, or you may contact Weinhardt Party Rentals for more information.
You may rent the 1,400 square foot Carriage House in addition to or instead of the Mansion. Events
exceeding 75 people must rent the carriage house in addition to the House. Please Note: At this time, the Carriage House is not available for
rental in winter, usually November through March, weather dependent. Additional fees apply (see "What are the Rates?" above).
Tents: The largest size tent our grounds can accommodate is 30-feet by 60-feet, which seats approximately 150 people.
The Magic Chef Mansion does not rent tents. Your caterer may help you with this, otherwise contact
the rental provider of your choice.
Can I use my own caterer or do you recommend caterers?
You must use a caterer from our preferred vendor list. Please contact us for a list of approved caterers.
Can we rent the MCM to take photos?
Yes, the Mansion is available for photography sessions, both indoors and out, for $300 per hour.
Reserve your Date Now!
Contact us about...
Elegant Birthday Parties
Al Fresco Luncheons
High Society Barbecues
Whiskey or Wine Tastings
- Flat-soled Shoes Only – No Small-Tipped Heels – Due to the delicate condition of the original golden oak flooring
throughout the Mansion, high-heeled shoes are not allowed indoors at the Magic Chef. This is a zero tolerance area.
You and your guests may bring ballet-type slippers or flats and leave the heels outside or in the car (there is no "shoe check" or
"coat check" unless you arrange one). You must advise your guests of this policy in advance so they can select appropriate alternative
shoes. Any damage caused by shoes of any type will be charged to you. Be comfortable! Wear flat-heeled shoes! Your feet and our floors
will thank you.
- No Fireworks – No fireworks, incendiary devices or glitter will be allowed anywhere on the site.